Saturday, June 23, 2007

Florida Trip with Noblesville Swim Club





I have been in Florida for the past week with the Noblesville Swim Club Senior Group. My son Kyle just moved up this spring. The kids have been working very hard trainning at the Aquatic Center in St. Pete. I am actually one of the van drivers and take a group of kids to the pool every morning and evening.

We have been staying at the Bilmar Beach Resort in Treasure Island. I am glad I came along on the trip. This has not only been a great bonding experience for Kyle as an incoming freshman, but it has been an excellent bonding experience for me as well getting to know some of the other parents and the other swimmers as well. The kids have had some really neat experiences doing team activities, eating meals together and just hanging out at the beach and pool.

On Thursday we did an "Adventure Race". Of course I was one of the drivers and had 8 high school kids yell directions to me. The hardest part of the race was not being able to help them and let them know when we were going the wrong direction.

We have been competing in swim meet in Sarasota the past few days. The training has really paid off, kids are dropping times left and right. Kyle hasn't had as good of results over all, but did take 9 seconds off his 200 Free.

I am ready to get home and see John and the girls. I have missed them very much. Well, time to head down to the pool for a little down time.

1 comment:

Melody Searcy said...

Jennifer,
Looks like a great time! I love checking your blog! Miss you!
Melody