Thursday, May 1, 2008

David & Deanna -Downers Grove Wedding


Large file...give it some time to load. Requires Quicktime 7.

This is a HD trailer of a wedding we filmed in Downers Grove, Illinois. We met Deanna and David earlier this year and found them to be really great couple. The wedding ceremony and reception were held at the Sara Lee building. We tried to get some shots early in the morning and got permission from the security guard. While in the Ballroom area there was a really inviting shot I had to get on the deck outside. I looked at the door and all I saw was the word "EXIT". I looked around and saw several other doors that looked the same. I asked Jennifer, "You don't think this is a fire exit do you?" She didn't think so. So...I pushed the door open and the alarm sounded. You should have seen Jennifer walk away from me like...I'm not with him. So the Sara Lee guard came marching in and proceeded to lecture us on the fact that this was a secure building. There are spies who want the brownie recipe. We explained how we got ourselves in such a predicament to no avail. We promptly excused ourselves from the premises.....BUT I got my shot! This same day I accidentally got in the wrong lane for paying a toll and blew right through it. Of course they have a photo of my plate. So we got close to where we were supposed to be and I had to make a U-turn. No sign anywhere saying you couldn't...but when I did a local cop pointed and shook his finger at me. What a day...felt like some kind of fugitive on the run!

After all of that, Deanna and David had a beautiful wedding that really ended our day on a positive note. SAR Studios photographed the wedding and they were a pleasure to work with.

No comments: