Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jason + Vicky "Save the Date"







One of the products we offer at Northernlight Filmworks is a "Save the Date" film, which Jason and Vicky's is an example of. We shot this alongside our good friends Kevin and Alicia Monahan with Kevin Monahan Photography at the Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA). The grounds seem to have an endless supply of cool shot locations. Just don't touch the LOVE sign in the front. Seems like security is lurking in the bushes just to nab a violator. Second shooting with me on this day was my brother Steve.

Jason and Vicky were a blast that day and were really up for anything and they stayed with it the entire time. I love the song they picked for this. I had a blast last night editing the footage. There is a considerable amount of color grading going on with this film, which adds to the edit time. I was so into this last night that I was at the studio until 1:30am....ahhh! That's why I am drinking coffee as I write this.

My favorite lyric in the song is "Our lives are made...in these small hours". It makes me think about how fast time goes by and how fast our children grow up. It is so easy in the world we live in to forget that it's the little hours of time you spend with family and friends that make up what your life is. I'm guilty as anyone about wishing a week or a day to just go by, but in retrospect those are moments that are gone forever. So...I'm going to try to "stop and smell the roses", so to speak. Now go give you Wife and kids a hug! Ok and the dog.

All still images in the film are courtesy of Kevin Monahan Photography

John

www.northernlightfilmworks.com

2 comments:

Steve Z. said...

Very nice John! The color enhancing is incredible, I bet they were thrilled with it!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen this done. love, love LOVE it!