Saturday, November 15, 2008

Super 8 Film - Demo




Super 8 Film - Northernlight Filmworks Demo from Northernlight Filmworks on Vimeo.

This short film is a demo of some of our Super 8 that we shot in 2008 from weddings in Chicago, IL , Indianapolis, IN and French Lick, IN.

As a child, I remember my uncle Ronnie always with camera in hand shooting Super 8. There is something about film that creates a warm vibe with me. I love the organic look of film and how it makes a contemporary wedding look vintage. It's not a look for everyone and our clients either like it or they don't. We typically know right away if is something that they fall in love with. I recently met with a client and we sat in our studio and she loved the look of Super 8. I am always a bit curious as to what it is they like. So I asked her. She really could not put her finger on what it was she liked most but, words like "warm", "authentic" and "intimate" were a few of the descriptors.

We purchase all of our film stock from a company in California, who maintains the film in a controlled environment. The film is fresh film stock, which is very important. After we shoot the film we send it to the same company for processing. I will give them instructions on how to process the film and to run a second pass on any special effects that I may want to use. You will see some special effects in the demo.

If you have any questions about Super 8, give us a call or e-mail us.

John Moon
www.northernlightfilmworks.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent work John and Jen!! I assume you could have a similar effect in pp but the original is always better.


(I see Bobbi :)

Anonymous said...

looks great, john! nicely done :)

Claire Corbin Photography said...

That is very cool! I will definitely pass along the word to my brides that you are offering that now.